- TYPES OF DATA AND COLLECTION METHODS
We collect two types of information from you: (A) Personal Information and (B) Non-Personal Information:
(A) Personal Information
"Personal Information" is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name. Pet Vucollects and stores the Personal Information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your Personal Information:
- We may collect your email address, first and last name, phone number, mailing address, and billing information if you register through the Sites or buy one of our products or services;
- We may collect your first and last name and email address or phone number if you contact us with a question;
- We may collect your first and last name, date of birth and email address if you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes;
- We may collect your name and email address when we request your response to an online survey or when you ask to receive an online newsletter; and
- We may collect your email address, first and last name, address and zip code if you register for an event on the Sites.
(B) Non-Personal Information
We also may collect non-personally identifiable information from you in order to customize your experience, fulfill your requests for information, and improve our services. We may provide this non-personally identifiable information to third parties. For example, we might inform third parties about the number of users of our Sites and the activities they conduct while on the Sites. We also may provide trusted partners with general information regarding our users and visitors.
Finally, Pet Vu may combine any public information you provide in any of the public areas on the Sites with non-personally identifiable information to create aggregate data. This information may also be disclosed to third parties. Aggregate data does not contain any information that could be used to contact you or identify you personally.
The above list provides some examples of the Non-Personal Information that we collect. If you do not want Pet Vu to collect your Non-Personal Information, please do not visit our Sites or provide it to us.
- USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE AND NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
(A) Personally Identifiable Information
We may share or disclose your personal information in the following instances:
- To deliver services, such as information or newsletters you request, or to complete a transaction requested by you. We may use your personally identifiable information to contact you about products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also use your personally identifiable information to send you newsletters, if requested by you;
- To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact Us;
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from Pet Vu , or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials;
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Web Site and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on our behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions);
- To affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your personally identifiable information for research, administrative and/or internal business purposes. These parties may use your personally identifiable information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration or business purposes. If you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information in this manner, please do not provide us with this information;
- To ensure the Web Site is relevant to your needs;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users;
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, or sales of all or substantially all of our assets;
- To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties; and
- To handle any physical or other type of threat made to you or others, to protect property or to defend or assert legal rights.
(B) Non-Personal Information
Non-Personal Information may be used as described above in paragraph 3(A) and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining Non-Personal Information with Personal Information.
- SUGGESTIONS YOU MAKE TO US
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Neither Pet Vu nor its Sites are designed or intended for children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is under the age of 18.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
If you choose to provide us with Personal Information, we may transfer that information to our affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Canadian law, please note that you are transferring your Personal Information to Canada which does not have the same data protection laws as the European Union and by providing your Personal Information you consent to:
- The transfer of your Personal Information to Canada as indicated above.
We communicate with users who subscribe to our services on a regular basis via email as well as via phone and text message. You can opt-out of some but not all of these communications, however, they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
- THIRD PARTY WEB SITES & ADVERTISERS
Additionally, we may use advertisers, third party ad networks, and other advertising companies to serve advertisements on the Sites. Please be advised that such advertising companies may gather information about your visit to our Sites or other sites (such as through cookies, web beacons and other technologies) to enable such advertising companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser and which web pages you were viewing when such ads were delivered. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER THE COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY SUCH ADVERTISING COMPANIES AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES.
- ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PRIVACY PREFERENCES
We provide you with an opportunity to access your Personal Information to ensure it is accurate and current. To edit your Personal Information, you may either make updates to your account via the Sites or contact customer service as directed on the Sites. We will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the Personal Information and Non-Personal Information we have collected about you.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to Pet Vu Inc. is done at your own risk.
Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using these Sites or providing Personal Information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of these Sites. We may post a notice on our Sites if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
- YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under Canadian Privacy Law residents may request certain information regarding Pet Vu Inc.’s disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CONTACTING PET VU INC.
Effective Date: August 10, 2015.